**Thank you all for your support
during the time that Salon Posh
was mandated to close**
What are we doing to keep everyone safe?
Please keep in mind that the health of our staff and you, our clients, is our first priority.
We are making absolutely no exceptions to the guidelines mandated by the State of New York and those listed below.
Please read carefully so that you are not turned away on the day of your appointment.
1) Masks are MANDATORY to enter the Salon and are to be worn for the entirety of the visit, absolutely no exceptions
Your chosen face covering must completely cover the nose and mouth. Tip: We recommend bringing a disposable mask if receiving color or any chemical service
2) We are limiting the amount of people in the salon to 50% Although we have modified our hours and have added time slots to accommodate, it may still be difficult to get your desired appointment time slot.
3) Entry will only be permitted to clients that show
NO SIGNS OF ANY SYMPTOMS ie.
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
If you have had any known exposure to anyone exhibiting any symptoms you will be asked to reschedule
*If any staff member feels remotely uncomfortable
you will be asked to reschedule your appointment*
5) Clients will come unaccompanied
6) There will be NO magazines and NO refreshments offered
7) Please arrive at least 5 -10 minutes early to your appointment
Salon Posh is taking cleaning and disinfecting procedures to the highest standards. Each client will be sat with a distance of at least 6 feet from others. You will notice that each station has to be property disinfected and cleaned with viral-cide recommended before your arrival to it. As always, but more vigilantly, we are disinfecting and sanitizing all brushes and tools between each and every client.
We are using all tools to create a clean airflow. We are keeping doors and windows open as often as possible as well as running an air purifying HPA filter constantly.
Please expect to see the staff with full face coverings.
Please remember that we are all working very hard for everyone's comfort and safety... a reminder to please be patient and kind when adjusting to our new norm
Please click the link below if you're interested in guidelines outlined by the State